Goa – an exotic holiday destination, which you must visit once in your lifetime. It is the most happening city which is worth visiting at least once in your life. It’s stunning beaches, pleasant weather, vibrant markets, exciting water sports and glamorous nightlife attracts thousands of travelers from all over the world. Goa is one of my favorite destinations in India; I have no doubt in saying that Goa is my first love ;).
You must be thinking, why only Goa? Well, it is the amazing holiday destination. A perfect place which will surely leave you with wonderful memories. Let’s dig in to know the reasons as to why to visit Goa –
- Pristine Beaches – Goa has awesome beaches. Think yourself in between unlimited clear blue sky above and glittery gold sand beneath surrounded by swaying palm trees. Every beach has its own charm and specialty, offering beautiful views where travelers can enjoy and relax. You can spend hours on the beach shack, soaking under the sun while sipping your favorite drink. One of my favorite beaches is Mojrim beach. If you don’t like crowd, love to remain in peace, then head to Vagator beach. Experience thrilling water sports at the Baga beach. Shop at the flea markets of Anujna beach. Capture a glimpse of sunshine along with the smooth waves at Calangute beach. Candolim, Armbol, Agonda, Cavelossim, Colva, Dona Paula beach are some of the famous beaches to visit in Goa.
2. Amazing Nightlife – Another charm of Goa is its happening lifestyle. Goa is famous for its nighclubs. You can groove or party whole night at the beautiful clubs of Goa. If you are a party lover, then night shacks and clubs of Goa are the best. Both, North and South Goa is known for nightclubs where you will find party lovers twirling on the beats of excellent music. Must visit clubs in Goa are Tito’s Bar, Silent Noise, SinQ Nightclub and many more.
3. Delicious Goan Food – You can get variety of street food in Goa from Lebanese to Italian food and Indian food. If your non vegetarian, then you must try croquettes, potato chops and samosas. You will find many sea food restaurants in Goa that offer variety of Crabs, Lobsters, Prawns, Fried Fish and other delicious goan cuisines. And, if you are a vegetarian like me, then you need not to worry as you will get many cafes and restaurants offering mouth watering Chinese and Indian dishes. I heard from many people that you will not get good vegetarian food in Goa, but believe me its just a myth.
4. Vibrant Markets – Wednesday Flea market at Anjuna beach and Tibetian market at Baga road are my personal favorite market for shopping. You can shop for home décor items, antique items, handicrafts, jewelry, handbags, dresses, souvenirs and many more. Other famous markets of Goa are – night market at Arpora, Mapusa fish market, and Mackie’s Night Bazaar. Do not forget to buy Goa’s famous cashew nuts and spices.
5. Beautiful Churches – You will get astonished after visiting beautiful architectural churches of Goa. Apart from beaches, markets, seafood, Goa is famous for its glorious heritage monuments – churches. Explore old-world splendor by exploring the stunning churches of Goa. Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa located on old road Goa is worth visiting. Church of Our Lady of the Mount is another old and famous church of Goa. Do not forget to visit Se Cathedral, the largest church in Goa. Do not miss to visit one of the graceful churches with white washed walls, Mae De Deus Church.
6. Adventurous Water Sports – Goa is the best place for water sports activities. You will get thrilling experience at the beautiful beaches of Goa. It offers banana boat riding, parasailing, bumper riding, jet skiing, speed boating, etc. You can enjoy water sports at Baga, Candolim, Calanguete, Vagator and Anjuna beaches. If you are a fun lover and adventure seeker, Go is the best holiday destination for you to experience a perfect mix of sun, land and sea with a wide variety of water sports. Make sure that you crack the best deal for water sports package as bargaining works good there.
7. Water Cruise – Apart from enjoying water sports, you can experience water cruise on the waves of Mandovi River in north Goa. Cruising is the must to have experience in Goa. Book your tickets for the cruise and spend an evening on the cruise with lots of entertainment activities over the ship. These cruises are unique way of spending leisure time with your family. You can opt for dinner cruise or casino cruise. Do remember that for casino cruise, you need to wear formals.
Go for romantic walks or have a candlelight dinner with your spouse on the beautiful beaches of Goa. I am sure you will love the place and carry wonderful memories for ever.
Do not forgot to share your experiences in the comments section.