Are you ready to travel? Undoubtedly, yes, everyone is dying to travel out of the city. We need a holiday after spending long months while cleaning, cooking, and staying at home in corona virus lockdown. The year 2020 has emerged as the worst times where everyone is struggling against COVID19. This pandemic situation has completely changed the conception of travelling. With certain relaxations in domestic travel, we can now think to travel to less crowded places, but international trips will take time to start. The tourism industry is getting back to normal after a long period of lockdown.
As I said in my earlier blog too, it is not 100% safe to travel but still I will advise to travel by taking all safety precautions and to travel to isolated or off beat places. Here are some of the safest places where you can travel post lockdown –
1. Nainital– Beautiful city of lakes located in uttrakhand, is one of the most popular hill stations. Nainital is approx 7 hours journey by road. You can drive through your own car. The city of lakes, Nainital is flourishing again with tourists again after lockdown. All stakeholders in Nainital are following proper guidelines issued by the government related to COVID-19.
2. Manali – Manali is open for travel post pandemic. It is one of the most beautiful natural hill stations, offering so much to do to the travelers. You can go for treks, nature walks, enjoy several adventurous activities, yak rides, visit to Hidimba temple and much more. But, at present many things and activities are missing due to the corona situation.
3. Kasauli – Another charming and beautiful holiday spot to visit with family or friends is kasauli. It is located in the district of Solan, Himachal Pradesh. It is easily reachable from Delhi and Chandigarh. Explore splendid nature and enjoy dazzling views of the town, Kalka. Kasauli is one of the popular destinations among travelers surrounded by lush green valleys and striking views of mountains.
4. Goa – If you are looking to relax on the beach after log time of lockdown, Goa is the perfect destination to visit. Chilling on the beach, enjoying beautiful sunset while sipping glass of wine is all what we picturize once we started planning to visit Goa. To make your trip safe, choose less crowded resort to stay adhering to all safety protocols.
5. Chail – If you want to breathe in fresh air, then choose chail, a small hill station in Himachal Pradesh for vacations. Chail is a charming hill station dotted with lush green vallies and sceinic beauty. There are plenty of adventure activities which you can chose according to your likings.
6. Dharamshala – Dharamshala is one of the most beautiful and picturesque hill stations in India. Located in kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. Experience breathtaking natural landscapes decorated with thick deodar cedar trees and surrounded by snow covered peaks. Major attractions of the hill station are a trek to Triund, Dal Lake, St john Church, Kareri lake etc.
7. Shimla – Visit Shimla if you love amazing hill views with a glimpse of snow clad peaks which are perfect to take awesome pictures. Shimla is a beautiful hill station, loved by every traveler due to its natural beauty and serenity. You can visit some great Hindu temples here such as Jakhoo Temple, Tara Devi Temple etc. If you do not want to explore the place and love to just relax in a cozy accommodation offering lush green views, shimla is the best place to visit.
8. Narkanda – This is an ideal place to visit if you want to relax in peaceful environment in mountains. It is famous for skiing in winters due to its snow ranges. Hatu Peak, Hatu Mata temple, Stokes Farm, Tanni Jubbar lake are some of the major attractions of Narkanda.
9. Kasol – Experience the beauty of a small village located in charming Parvati valley in Himachal Pradesh. One of the best known place for trekking, Kheerganga is situated here in Parvati valley. It is mesmerizing experience of trekking through the dense forest, clear sky and on reaching on the top surrounded by clouds, snow clad mountains and clear sky.
10. Jaipur –Rajasthan is one of the favorite states among tourists all over the world. Its rich art and architecture and culture please every wandering soul. The pink city, Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan. Its vibrant bazaars, magnificent forts, palaces attract travelers all the year around. Whether you are fond of history, forts, havelis or whether you love doing shopping for textiles, handicrafts and jewellery, Jaipur is the perfect place to plan your trip.
11. Agra – Well, what to say about Agra! Agra is well known for the most beautiful monument of India – Taj Mahal. Symbol of love and one of the seven wonders of the world. Admire the beauty of Taj Mahal and explore historical monuments along with the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Agra is around 233 kms from Delhi. You can plan a day trip or a long weekend too.
I have tried to include all safe places to travel post lockdown provided that you take all required safety precautions. No doubt, government and the travel industry are making every effort to ensure safe travel, but still it is our responsibility too to remain vigilant. So, choose options wisely, plan in advance and travel safe!