Mussoorie is one of the popular and most loved destinations of the country. Mussoorie, queen of hills is located in Uttarakhand. It is a beautiful hill station with mesmerizing landscapes, lush green backdrops, evergreen hills, twinkling waterfalls, pretty cafes and restaurants. This hill station is perfect holiday destination for nature lovers. It offers a majestic views of snow clad Himalayas and glittering Doon valley.
Mussoorie is famous for its scenic beauty and magnificent waterfalls. It is the best place to escape from busy and hectic city life and spend some time in peace and tranquility. Whether you are looking for family trip or solo trip, Mussoorie has something for everyone.
I know you must be eager to know what to do and where to go in Mussoorie. I am listing down some must visit places while you visit Mussoorie-
1. Dalai Hills or Happy Valley – I am taking my favorite and yes must to visit place in Mussoorie. I am sure; many of you have not heard this place. It’s a hidden gem of this place. You need to do a small trek of about 800 meters from Tibetan Buddhist temple to reach Dalai hills as its on height. Once you reach the place, trust me, you will be mesmerized by its beauty and view full of tranquility. The place has a golden statue of Lord Buddha.
It is decorated with vibrant Buddhist prayer flags. A perfect place to visit while in Mussoorie and spend some quality time and take astonishing pictures. I loved this place, surrounded by all colorful flags with a wonderful scenic view. This place has my heart, full of positive vibes and lively atmosphere.
2. Company Garden – Located approx 3 kilometers from The Mall, is the beautiful Company Garden, another top attraction of Mussoorie. As the name suggests, it is a garden with so many things to offer to the tourists. This colorful garden has a variety of colorful flowers, rides for kids, small lake for boating, fountains, artificial waterfall, wax museum, costume photography and food court. Company garden is a major picnic spot in Mussoorie. You can spend 2-3 hours here easily, especially if you are visiting with kids. Take a walk in the garden, try costume photography, shop some souvenirs for your loved ones, enjoy boating, and take your kids for rides in an amusement park.
3. Wax Museum – Another top attraction of this cute hill station is the K Dev Bhoomi Wax Museum, inspired by Madame Tussads in London. It is located inside the Company Garden, adjacent to the food court. You can cover both places in one go i.e. garden and museum. The wax museum has total 26 wax statues including statues of Mother Teresa, Michael Jackson, Amitabh Bachchan, Jawahar Lal Nehru, Hitler and Albert Einstein. A best place to pose and click photographs.
4. The Mall Road – No doubt, every hill station has happening mall road so does Mussoorie has. The Mall Road is the main market or shopping centre of the area. It is one of the most visited places among the tourists. There is a Library chowk at one end of the market, which gives vintage feel of colonial architecture. The market is filled with modern shops, cafes, eateries, restaurants, and game parlors.
Take a stroll in the market, sit and relax, enjoy delicacies and do some shopping at the mall road. Do not forget to eat famous cheese omlette from Lovely Omlette Centre and kulhad chai while on the mall road.
5. Gun Hill Point – Gun Hill is the second highest peak of Mussorie which is located at 400 ft above The Mall. It is a very popular tourist attraction offering magnificent views of the Himalayan range. Entry to Gun Hill is through cable car which runs from The Mall. After reaching at the height, you can enjoy the scenic beauty of the Himalayas while breathing in the fresh air. Take beautiful pictures, play games, have local food and enjoy spectacular views.
6. Kempty Falls – One of the famous and well known attractions of Mussoorie, Kempty Fall plunges from a height of about 1364 metres. Kempty Falls, located about 13 Kms from Mussoorie is no doubt a happening place. People come here just to enjoy a day at Kempty Falls. Enjoy stunning views of water falling from height along with some hot Maggie with tea. Sitting aside the water and sipping pahado ki chai is itself mesmerizing experience.
7. Bhatta Falls – This waterfall is extremely captivating. Located at about 7 Kms from the main city on Mussoorie Dehradun road. The natural flowing waterfall flowing down from high mountains is truly a must to visit place. You need to take a ropeway to reach the exact point and enjoy the natural stream flowing down from the hills. You can bathe, just soak in the refreshing water, and click some good photographs. There are shops selling chut put snacks and tea as well. Kids can enjoy boating and rides here.
7. Robbers Cave – Robbers Cave or Gucchu Pani is located about 8 Kms from Dehradun. It is a natural cave river formation which is very narrow, it is known for its natural beauty. The robber’s cave is a space between two rocks where a creek of water flows which is deep at some places. This small stream opens at wide place having a waterfall, which is must to see. The best part of entering into the cave is to enjoy naturally carved cave with fresh water falling from top.
8. Dhanaulti – Dhanaulti is located on Mussorie Chamba road which is approx 25 Kms from the main Mall Road. You can visit Dhanaulti on your way back to Delhi. You can explore the place as it has few good tourist attractions to cover. One can visit Eco Park, it is famous for its beautiful deodar and oak trees. To enjoy breathtaking view, trek to reach famous Surkanda Temple. It has a steep trek of about 1.5-2 Kms but its worth visiting the temple. You can go to the highest dam in India, Tehri Dam.
The list does not end here. There are few more places to visit in Mussoorie namely Lal Tibba, St. George Everest, Cloud’s End, Mussoorie Lake, Jharipani Falls, Camels Back Road and so on. But I will suggest to cover above mentioned tourist attractions, they are worth visiting and must to visit.
Feel free to comment and reach out for any suggestions or queries.