Are you one of those people who do not play Holi? Or don’t want to celebrate Holi in Delhi? Then, this Holi explore these beautiful weekend gateways and make use of your holi holiday. Celebrate color free Holi this year while exploring new destinations. Choose destination according to your preferences as to what kind of experience you want to have.
Holi is coming on 10th March, so just take a leave on 9th march and you are all set for a long weekend. Here is the list of amazing places where you can spend your holi weekend. Enjoy your best time at one of these amazing places on Holi-
- Pushkar – Holi celebrations in Pushkar is fantastic. The locals set a big campfire in the city on the holi night, which is known as Holika Dahan. You will enjoy dandiya performed by the locals there. Next day, everyone come out and gather at Badi Basti to play holi. Holi in Pushkar is also known as Kapda Faad Holi. If you strictly don’t like holi, then you can just relax and visit tourist attractions of the city. The whole envirnment dances on the music beats with colors all over around the sky. You can also visit Pushkar lake, Brahmaji Temple, sarafa bazar and take camel safari during the trip.
2. Mathura and Vrindavan – One of the best places to celebrate Holi is Lord Krishna’s birth place, Mathura and Vrindavan. Holi celebrations start week before in Barsana which is also known as Lathmaar Holi where local women beat men with sticks. Head to Bankey Bihariji temple and get lost in bhajans, music and color all around. There, people also play holi wth flowers also for some time.
3. Bir– Now, if you totally want to escape Holi and want to explore or want to experience , then plan your weekend to Bir, Himachal Pradesh; famous for in India. Flying in the of above the ground is thrilling and unforgettable experience that one should have once in a lifetime. Reaching Bir from Delhi is easy, it’s an overnight journey. It is best visited by road through bus. I will recommend to book your Bir package through Travel Trigger, they have customized packages to suit everyone’s pocket.
4. Auli– beautiful hill station located in the district and famous for skiing. The place offers majestic views of the ranges covered with snow and green landscapes. Start your from visit Auli lake by Auli ropeway and end by witnessing the of of River Banga. Don’t worry about booking a trip to Auli, contact Travel Trigger for They offer ready to book package.
5. Rishikesh – Rishikesh is famous for most thrilling adventure – river rafting and camping. Nothing could beat the experience of thundering rapids in the river Ganges. Rishikesh is the ideal destination for weekend as it is just 250 kms away from Delhi. Apart from river rafting, there are many other adventure sports too to enjoy like trekking, rappeling, bungee jumping, flying fox etc. Do not forget to visit Laksham Jhula, ram Jhula, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple and Vashishtha Gufa.
6. Jaisalmer – Book trip to Jaisalmer from Delhi and look forward to enjoy a relaxing holi weekend in the golden city of Rajasthan. Its rich culture and heritage attracts thousands of travelers across the world. Get mesmerized by stunning views of sunrise and sunset in the Thar Desert. Take a camel ride on the dunes of desert to enjoy picturesque views of the desert. Jaisalmer, the golden city is the perfect place for a weekend.
Whether you are a Holi lover or not, these weekend trips from Delhi will surely make your Holi weekend, an unforgettable affair with lots of memories to cherish forever.